February 27, 2015

Prayer for Pardon, Mercy and Forgiveness


Forgive me Lord for the times that I could easily find fault in others but not see my own. Take off this blindness from my eyes and fill my vision with your light.

Forgive me for only hearing what I want to hear and ignoring all those that are not pleasing to my ears. Take this deafness from my ears and help me recognize your voice.

Forgive me for thinking that I am far off better than others, yet in the deep recesses of my mind, there exist darkness and confusion that leads me to complain, grumble or make excuses to cover up my shortcomings. Lord, take this darkness from my mind, when confusion makes me blind, come and renew me with your truth.

Forgive me for nurturing hurts and pains that led me to hate rather than to forgive. Lord, take this hardness from my heart, roll away the stony part, and fill me with a love that's true.

Forgive me Lord, for not recognizing that I belong to one bread, one cup of blessing, one body, one Lord of all.

Take away the blindness from my eyes, take the deafness from my ears, take the darkness from my mind, take the hardness from my heart as I humbly beg for your pardon and mercy.


PRAYER FOR PARDON AND MERCY
Psalm 130:1-8

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to my voice in supplication.If you, O Lord, mark iniquities, Lord, who can stand? But with you is forgiveness, that you may be revered.

I trust in the Lord; my soul trusts in his word. My soul waits for the Lord more than sentinels wait for the dawn. Let Israel wait for the Lord. For with the Lord is kindness and with him is plenteous redemption; and he will redeem Israel from all their iniquities.





Published:
January 30, 2011, 6:47AM