January 9, 2018

PRAYER REVITALIZES THE BODY AND SOUL

If you are under stress, anxious or weary of anything, pray!

12 As she continued praying before the LORD, Eli observed her mouth. 13 Hannah was speaking in her heart; only her lips moved, and her voice was not heard; therefore Eli took her to be a drunken woman. 14 And Eli said to her, "How long will you be drunken? Put away your wine from you."

15 But Hannah answered, "No, my lord, I am a woman sorely troubled; I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but I have been pouring out my soul before the LORD. 16 Do not regard your maidservant as a base woman, for all along I have been speaking out of my great anxiety and vexation." (1 Samuel 1:12-16)

Prayer reveals to souls the vanity of earthly goods and pleasures. It fills them with light, strength and consolation; and gives them a foretaste of the calm bliss of our heavenly home. (St Rose of Viterbo)

Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving. (Colossians 4:2)


Prayer

When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, LORD, and my prayer rose to you, to your holy temple. (Jonah 2:7)


Jesus, after dismissing the crowds 
went up to the mountain 
by Himself to pray
(Matthew 14:23)




Published: 
September 24, 2013,09:12AM
November 18, 2010,10:15AM